How to prepare for Thailand? Whether you’re travelling to Thailand for a beach vacation or a backpacking adventure (or a wedding, a business trip or an open-ended emigration), I can all but promise two things: using the advice that follows you’ll arrive with (A) the right stuff and (B) the right shoes.
How to prepare for Thailand?
Links below may include affiliates. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. What does this mean? To you – business-as-usual, not a whole lot. To me – I receive a small commission on any resulting purchases at no cost to the consumer.
Your basic prep
- The opus: Thailand packing guide
- Head to toe: What to wear anywhere
- Packing tips: The A to Z packing list
Your perfect packing how-to
- Pure magic: 100% natural mosquito repellent
- Toiletries: Non-toxic toiletries for Thailand
- Makeup: The best makeup for Thailand
- Shoes: The 5 pairs of shoes to pack
- Rainy season? The best clothes to stay dry
- At night: How to dress for nights out
Do you need ______?
- Do you need it? Do you need X in Thailand?
- Travel guides: The best Thailand travel guides
- To learn some Thai: 3 easy-ish ways to learn Thai
- Thai laws: How to Stay Out of Jail in Thailand
- Health tips: How to Avoid Getting Sick in Thailand
- Common cons: How to Avoid Scams in Thailand
- Road rules: Motorbikes and Scooters in Thailand
If you’re going to Thailand…
- On your honeymoon: 11 things to bring
- And you’re a germaphobe: How to avoid plane germs
- With children: 12 tips to enjoy your long flight
- See part two: the top 50 Thailand travel FAQS.
- Or, if you’re Koh Samui-bound, it’s all in The Koh Samui Guide.