Whether you’re wondering how to pronounce Koh Samui or why it merits a week or more of your precious vacation time, I literally wrote the guide book on this ‘big little’ island. To get you started on a Samui indoctrination introduction, here are some of your most-asked questions and my favourite Samui suggestions…
Your first time to Koh Samui?
Avoid every unnecessary ‘first-timer’ mistake on Koh Samui – I did that for you! See the 10 mistakes I made on my first trip (and you’ll arrive with a *much* more cleverly packed suitcase).
Top 3 Koh Samui questions
- Hotels and villas: Where to stay on Koh Samui?
- Transport: How to get around?
- Budget: How much do things cost on Koh Samui?
When is the best time to come?
Tip #2. The best time to visit Koh Samui
Find out when it’s best to visit Koh Samui – the sunniest and hottest times of the year, plus what to expect in rainy season. For month-by-month typical Koh Samui weather:
The Koh Samui Guide
NEW! The Koh Samui Guide is now available in its 5th edition
- What’s inside? Screenshots & chapter list
- How will it help you? Reader reviews
- Behind-the-scenes: 5 years & counting
Where to stay?
- Romantic: Samui’s most romantic places to stay
- Big, quiet beach: Maenam Beach FAQs
- Little, quiet beach: Choeng Mon Beach FAQs
- Hotels: Koh Samui’s 24 best family resorts
Things to do
- Things to do: 38 things to do on Koh Samui
- Food and drink: Where to eat?
- Nightlife: How to enjoy nights out
Koh Samui compared to …
- Compare: Koh Samui vs Phuket?
- Compare: Koh Samui vs Bali?
- Compare: Koh Samui vs Koh Phangan?
- Compare: Koh Samui vs Maldives?
Koh Samui mini guides
- Koh Samui with kids: Your ultimate guide
- Christmas: Christmas on Koh Samui
- New Year: New Year’s Eve on Samui
Koh Samui events
- Weekly: Samui weekly events schedule
- This year: 2017 Koh Samui events calendar
- Thai New Year: Songkran on Koh Samui
Top photo via Shutterstock