2016-2017 Koh Samui New Year’s Eve parties: (photos from top) Woobar at W Retreat Koh Samui, Ocean Pier at Le Meridien Resort & Spa and a Thai dance performance at InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort (hotel-supplied photos)
Your NYE quick-start guide:
- NYE: How to have the best-ever Koh Samui New Year’s Eve
- Xmas: All your Christmas FAQs: Koh Samui Christmas Guide
- Samui: Absolutely everything else: The Koh Samui Guide (PDF)
Looking for the best Koh Samui New Year’s Eve Party? Whether you want to dress to the nines, glow in the dark … or wear a 1920s flapper dress – the Samui New Year’s Eve parties that follow include something for everyone – couples, singles and families alike.
The 5 things you need to know first:
#1. Safety? Fireworks? FAQs? Be sure to read our mini guide to Koh Samui New Years – including answers to all your FAQs and important safety tips.
#2. Booking in advance – Unless otherwise noted, you’ll need to reserve your NYE party spot in advance. A few restaurants have limited space, so send your reservations emails ASAP! If you’re reading this at 10pm on New Year’s Eve, a few places listed below require no reservations – you’re very welcome to just show up.
#4. Pricing – When you book, confirm whether the price is net or gross. Use “++” after the price as a clue that the number excludes tax and service, which are 7% and 10% respectively.
#5. More questions? Whether you want beach bars at sunset or need to save a rainy afternoon – you’ll find answers absolutely everything else in The Koh Samui Guide:
“I have already found a few amazing recommendations through your guide….I look forward to trying out these adventures on New Years.” – Ale
2016/2017 Koh Samui New Year’s Eve parties
Events are listed by price (from low to high). For families with children, many events offer children’s pricing – noted where available. By price, jump to:
- FREE New Year’s Eve parties on Koh Samui
- New Year’s Eve parties under 2,000 Thai Baht
- New Year’s Eve parties under 5,000 Thai Baht
- New Year’s Eve parties over 7,000 Thai Baht
- New Year’s Eve parties over 10,000 Thai Baht
BTW! Not sponsored: Nothing on this website or in The Koh Samui Guide is ever sponsored or compensated in any way – it’s just old fashioned useful info.
Koh Samui New Year’s Eve parties (price TBC)
Absolute Blanc Gala Dinner + Countdown | Thongson Beach
- What: It’s an all-white dress code for Melati’s New Year’s Eve party this year; a night to include welcome cocktails, games, a live band and dance show, Thai boxing, a fire show and, of course, a countdown with fireworks*. For dinner, an extensive buffet includes a whole roasted pig, fresh seafood, vegetarian options and 18 dessert choices. Children very welcome.
- Where: Melati Beach Resort & Spa, on Thongson Beach near Choeng Mon
- Price: Dinner price TBC, with the option to add drinks packages at THB 1,990 or 3,990. To reserve, email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +66 77 913 400.
*UPDATE! Owing to the mourning period for His Majesty the King, one of three things might happen for New Year 2016/2017 on Koh Samui: (1) No fireworks, (2) nearly business as usual or (3) most probable – quiet fireworks displays at ground level: ‘lancing’ and light-up ‘Happy New Year’ letters. For more details, Samui Fireworks offers a great explanation of a “no one really knows” situation.
New Year’s Eve Gala Dinner at Zazen | Bophut
- What: “There’s no better way to celebrate the New Year. Be part the extraordinary and renown Zazen New Year’s Eve Gala Dinner that has it all – hip cocktails, sophisticated wines, amazing dining, entertaining shows and of course, great fun with family and friends.”
- Where: Zazen Boutique Resort & Spa, on Bophut Beach
- Price: Dinner price TBC. To reserve, email email@example.com
Koh Samui New Year’s Eve parties (free)
New Year’s Eve at Ark Bar Beach Club | Chaweng
For a big night out on Chaweng Beach – head to Ark Bar. The beach club/resort is either famous or notorious for its twice weekly beach parties, and it truly pulls out all the stops on New Year’s Eve. Join the thousands that descend on Ark Bar for the biggest party on Koh Samui – with fire ‘poi’ shows and a massive fireworks display at midnight. The events itself is free, buying your drinks/buckets and club access/extras as you go.
To stay nearby:
- ☆☆☆☆: Chaweng Regent Beach Resort
- ☆☆☆: Chaweng Garden Beach Resort, Pleasure Harbour Boutique Hotel, Al’s Resort, Baan Chaweng Beach Resort and Malibu Koh Samui Resort
- ☆☆: Coconut House Chaweng, Khun Chaweng Resort and Panupong Hotel
- ☆: My Samui Hostel
Gecko NYE Party | Bophut
- What: “Celebrate the new year at one of the most spectacular venues on Koh Samui. This is the best view point on the island to watch the fireworks and lanterns that fill sky at midnight!! Great place to warm up before hitting the town!! With sounds from DJs T Gecko, Paolo Bardelli, Nick Taylor – don’t miss it.. The Countdown has begun!!”
- Where: Gecko Samui, way up in the Bophut Hills
- Price: Free, no booking required
Koh Samui New Year’s Eve parties ≤ ฿2,000
Disco Glow Party at Potato Beach Club | Lamai
- What: Beach BBQ dinner party at Lamai’s self-proclaimed trendiest beach club,with a disco glow party to follow. Start at 6pm with cocktails, then enjoy a piggy feast on the beach (draft beer included). From 10:30 to 2:30 “play harder and party hardest” with Potato’s resident DJ. Dress code: Glow. Colourful in the dark. Mood and tone: Nu disco, disco loungo, funky disco, house and deep house.
- Where: Samui Potato Beach Club, on Lamai Beach
- Price: BBQ dinner prices start at THB 590 (approx. £13), with options to add beach tents and/or champagne packages. To reserve, phone +66 77 424 030 or contact on Facebook.
Magic Garden at Nikki Beach | Lipa Noi
- What: Join Nikki Beach in Lipa Noi for an enchanting evening, to celebrate New Year’s Eve under the stars. Look forward to world-class entertainment, live musicians and dancers, renowned resident DJs, “Nikki Beach Signature Style surprises, and the island’s most spectacular fireworks display”. The celebration begins at 7pm with a gala buffet in the open-aired main dining room and upstairs balcony dining. VIP bottle service and general admission begins at 9pm. Please note that this is an event for persons over 16 years of age (no exceptions). Dress code: No shorts, no swimwear or beach attire admitted. Party happens rain or shine!
- Where: Nikki Beach Koh Samui, in Lipa Noi
- Price: Party general admission starts at THB 800, up to THB 275,000 for 8 people and 12 bottles of Cristal (£17-£6050). Nikki Beach offers a huge variety of pricing options depending whether you want to enjoy dinner first, or just come for the party. Dinner packages start at THB 8,900 (£196). See full pricing details at website. To reserve, email firstname.lastname@example.org or book online.
Secret Garden New Year’s Eve | Bang Rak
- What: First a beach buffet, then a party. Reservations are required for the dinner portion, but it’s free entry/no reservations required for the party from 10pm to late. For dinner, expect a luxury buffet with cold cuts, starters, seafood, grilled meats, pasta and BBQ stations and a wide selection of desserts (tuck in before resolutions begin tomorrow morning). The free-entry NYE party kicks off at 10pm (to late) and features live music and beach fireworks at midnight.
- Where: Secret Garden Beach Resort on Bang Rak beach
- Price: THB 1,500 not including wine (approx. £34). To reserve dinner, email email@example.com
Gatsby New Year’s Eve Dinner | North Chaweng
- What: Join The Larder team for a very special New Year’s Eve: “Get your dapper threads and get dressed up to the nines in flapper dresses and feathers. [An] exclusive dinner followed by a roaring twenties party, filled to the brim with hooch, moonshine, swing and champagne!” Dinner starts at 7, and the party from 9. Menu includes fresh oysters, Bloody Mary prawn cocktail, Waldorf salad, pink champagne sorbet, Chateaubriand and stiff drinks. Reservations recommended ASAP – space is limited.
- Where: The Larder (“a restaurant-come-bar… verging on gastro pub…… and not quite a wine bar”), at the northern end of Chaweng
- Price: THB 1,950 (approx. £43). To reserve, phone +66 77 601 259 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
New Year’s Eve poolside dinner buffet | Chaweng
- What: OZO Chaweng Samui invites you to join “in making this New Year’s one to remember with live performances by The Michael Miranda Band, Starz cabaret and fire dancing by Kane”. A buffet includes Asian and international options (including live cooking stations), all underneath “the glittering stars” of Koh Samui. Lucky draw prizes throughout the evening. After midnight, the after-party heads to the Beach Bar with DJ Kris Oliver and “uptempo beats by the sea”.
- Where: OZO Chaweng, a modern Chaweng hotel with a really cool pool.
- Price: THB 2,500 and THB 1,250 for kids aged 6-11, with no charge for children under 6 (approx. £55 and £28). To reserve, email email@example.com
Koh Samui New Year’s Eve parties ≤ ฿5,000
NYE Celebration at COAST Beach Club | Chaweng
- What: Dancers, DJs, and a fire show on the beach (plus an after-party from midnight to late). Kick off your Koh Samui New Year’s Eve with a grand buffet dinner and a welcome drink – and continue ‘til dawn.
- Where: COAST Beach Club at Centara Grand Resort on Chaweng Beach
- Price: THB 4,990 (approx. £109). To reserve, email firstname.lastname@example.org
REWIND/ FAST FORWARD/PLAY AT WOOBAR | Maenam
- What: Pack a pod with your best people at W Retreat’s hilltop Woobar. DJs start at 8pm, with doors open to the public at 10:30. Pod bookings are available to in-house guests only – but come with the option of magnums of Moët.
- Where: W Retreat Koh Samui
- Price: THB 5,000 entry per person (approx. £110). To reserve, +66 7791 5999 or email email@example.com
New Year’s Eve Dinner at Poppies
- What: ‘Mint Mango Tango’ cocktails to start, and then you feast! Poppies’s two chefs will both prepare a 4-course dinner: choose between a Thai and an international menu. Entertainment includes an “Angklung” bamboo orchestra performance by local schoolchildren and, later, a Thai music and dance performance. A beach party kicks off at 11pm on the super-soft southern end of Chaweng beach.
- Where: Poppies (a favourite spot at the southern end of Chaweng Beach)
- Price: THB 5,995 for the Thai menu and THB 6,995 for Western (approx. £132/154). To reserve, book online.
Koh Samui New Year’s Eve parties ≥ ฿7,000
New Year’s Eve Gala Dinner at Rocky’s | Lamai
- What: Kick off your evening with Kir Royal, and then feast until it’s time to countdown to 2017. An indulgent buffet includes crab mousse, fois gras, lobster thermidor, brie, calvados shots, petits fours and more. A full schedule of entertainment precedes “Rocky’s exclusive dazzing” fireworks. A kids’ buffet and children’s games make this a good family choice.
- Where: The Dining Room at Rocky’s Boutique Resort (on the northern outskirts of Lamai)
- Price: THB 7,900 (approx. £174), and half price for children under 12. To reserve, email firstname.lastname@example.org
New Year’s Eve Free Flow Gala Dinner | Lamai
- What: A welcome glass of Moët, then canapés and cocktails: bourbon-glazed porky belly, smoked salmon blinis and martinis. Enjoy the free-flow bar from 8pm until midnight, with a buffet dinner, too (run-don’t-walk to the foie gras and mango coulis station). Entertainment includes Koh Samui favourite musician Mark James, with a fire dance show and fireworks at midnight. The set-up makes this event unsuitable for very young children, but older kids (10+) are welcome.
- Where: Beach Republic, Lamai
- Price: THB 8,250 (approx. £182), and half price for children (with free-flow soft drinks). To reserve, book online or email email@example.com
Ringing 2017 into the stars | Maenam
- What: A New Year’s Eve feast at the newly renovated Santiburi. Gather around Santiburi’s enormous pool for a cocktail party and buffet dinner, with a 1,000-light show, 5-piece band and DJ. A fire-show and MC count down to midnight. Enjoy lobster tail, Aussie prime ribs, roast duck, jumbo scallops (and a kids’ pasta counter), keeping a beady eye open for the desserts bar’s arrival. Dress code: smart casual.
- Where: Santiburi Beach Resort & Spa, on Maenam Beach
- Price: THB 8,500 (approx. £187) and half price for children. To reserve, please contact Khun Pimpa, Guest Relations Manager at 077-425031-8 or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
New Year’s Eve Wonderland Gala | Bophut
- What: “Alice in Wonderland meets the magic of Koh Samui as [Anantara] chefs showcase their signature dishes with imaginative air. Wander into a sublime culinary world at our international buffet. Discover an ocean bounty at the live oyster, raw seafood, sushi and sashimi bars. Select melt-in-the-mouth tender meats or try exotic new creations. The best of Asia is served by our curry and wok chef. European cuisines are joined by a live truffle risotto station. Dessert indulgence comes in an endless parade, including Chiang Mai strawberries to dip in our chocolate fountain. Fantastic live shows make this a night to remember.” At 11pm, the party moves to Anantara’s beach for dancing, a fire show, and – at midnight – a countdown and fireworks.
- Where: Anantara Bophut Resort & Spa, on Bophut Beach
- Price: THB 8,500 (approx. £187). To reserve, email email@example.com
Glow in the Dark Party at Ocean Pier | Lamai
- What: Ring in 2017 “literally floating over the Gulf of Thailand” at Ocean Pier. Gala dinner and glow in the dark countdown party at Ocean Pier in Lamai. Start your evening as you mean to continue, with free-flow cocktails, then a dinner buffet around the pool. Finally, count down the New Year with a live band, fireshow and lucky draw. Seating is limited, so reserve early.
- Where: Le Meridien Koh Samui Resort & Spa in Lamai
- Price: THB 8,900 (approx. £196). Children 4-11 are half price. 10% discount for Starwood Preferred Guest®. To reserve, email Malinat.Singtongboon@lemeridien.com or call +66 77 960 888.
New Year’s Eve at W Retreat Koh Samui | Maenam
- What: If you’re staying elsewhere and would like to spend New Year’s dinner at W Retreat, you’re welcomed to an international buffet at The Kitchen Table. In-house guests also have the option of a 5-course set menu at Namu, W Retreat’s Japanese offering.
- Where: W Retreat Koh Samui
- Price: Price differs for in-house guests and those staying elsewhere. THB 9,000 for in-house and 13,500 for outside. THB 2,000 for children under 12. Price includes house wine, local beers and select cocktails with upgraded drinks packages also available. Price includes entry to ‘NYE Happening’ for midnight at Woobar (approx. £198, £297 and £44, respectively). To reserve, +66 7791 5999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Koh Samui New Year’s Eve parties ≥ ฿10,000
”Treasury of Siam” Gala Dinner Buffet | Taling Ngam
- What: An extravagant option in Taling Ngam, and one that makes sure that you eat
your own body weighta dainty and appropriate amount of Thai food while in Thailand. A bounty of seafood, plus live BBQ, sushi and Indian cooking and – calorie-counters look away – a truffles station. Ring in 2017 at Air Bar, with a DJ dance party to follow. Smart dress code.
- Where: InterContinental Samui Baan Taling Ngam Resort
- Price: THB 11,000 (approx. £242) and THB 5,500 for children aged 6-12. To reserve, email the Festive Hospitality Desk at email@example.com
Countdown Celebrations at Conrad Koh Samui | Taling Ngam
- What: “Reminisce over the past year and make your New Year celebrations a memorable one.” Conrad Koh Samui helps you to celebrate the New Year holidays, offering a variety of options to suit your needs. Two options for outside guests: (A) Gala dinner at the beach and (B) Fine dining at Jahn. The beach gala promises a fun and friendly party atmosphere, with children very welcome. At Jahn, “dine on contemporary Thai cuisine at award-wining restaurant, Jahn, offering the 7-course set menu, accompanied by traditional Thai music for an unforgettable gastronomic experience.” Conrad guests can also choose private in-villa dining.
- Where: Conrad Koh Samui in Taling Ngam
- Price: Per-adult price is THB 12,500 (approx. £275) for both the gala beach dinner and fine dining at Jahn. Cost for children attending the gala beach dinner is THB 4,888 per child (6-12 years). No charge for children under 6. To reserve, book online or email USMKS.firstname.lastname@example.org
New Year’s Eve on the Rocks | near Choeng Mon
- What: The most indulgent choice for New Year’s Eve on Koh Samui: New Year’s Eve on the Rocks promises a 10-course set menu with 270° views of both Koh Samui and Koh Phangan, perfect for “those seeking a more intimate experience to spend the last evening of the year 2016”. The theme of this gala dinner is 4 elements (fire, water, earth and air). In case the menu above is hard to read, your ten courses are: Pickled Quail Egg, Hokkaido Scallops Chlorophyll, Saffron Seabed, Duck Steamed Buns, Charcoal Grilled Ox Tongue, Wagyu Beef Cheek, Lamb Chop-Shoulder, Fourme d’Ambert -Truffle Honeycomb, Sweet Potato Mousse and Chocolate Blood Orange. Entertainment includes a dance show, saxophonist through dinner and a countdown, plus an after-party at Six Senses’s Library. Dress code is smart casual.
- Where: Dining on the Rocks at Six Senses Samui, on its own headland near Choeng Mon
- Price: THB 13,500 (approx. £300). To reserve, email email@example.com