Whether you’re travelling to Thailand for a beach vacation or a backpacking adventure (or a wedding, a business trip or an open-ended emigration), we can all but promise two things: using the advice that follows you’ll arrive with (A) the right stuff and (B) the right shoes.
How to prepare for Thailand?
On my first trip to Thailand I failed at packing – failed at packing for the climate and failed at packing for Thailand’s culture. To atone for my ‘first-time farang’ (foreigner) mistakes, I published the first draft of ‘What to Wear in Thailand’ in 2008 – and a blog was born. Ready your luggage scales, here’s how to prepare for Thailand…
Your basic prep
- Packing tips: The A to Z packing list
- Shoes: The 5 pairs of shoes to pack
- Head to toe: What to wear anywhere
- At night: How to dress for nights out
- Rainy season? The best clothes to stay dry
- Pure magic: 100% natural mosquito repellent
Your perfect packing how-to
- The opus: Thailand packing guide
- Toiletries: Non-toxic toiletries for Thailand
- Makeup: The best makeup for Thailand
If you’re going to Thailand…
- On your honeymoon: 5 things to bring
- And you’re a germaphobe: How to avoid plane germs
- With children: 12 tips to enjoy your long flight
Do I need ______?
- Do you need it? Do you need X in Thailand?
- Useful things for Thailand: Books, bits, travel stuff, genius gadgets
Image(s) used under license from Shutterstock.com