Whether you’re travelling to Thailand for a beach vacation or a backpacking adventure (or a wedding, a business trip or an open-ended emigration), we can all but promise two things: using the advice that follows you’ll arrive with (A) the right stuff and (B) the right shoes.
On our first trip to Thailand we failed at packing – failed at packing for the climate and failed at packing for Thailand’s culture. To atone for our ‘first-time farang’ (foreigner) mistakes, we published our first draft of ‘What to Wear in Thailand’ in 2008 – and a blog was born. Ready your luggage scales, here’s how to prepare for Thailand…
How to prepare for Thailand: Your basics
An easy ‘perfect packing’ list for everything you’ll definitely want for Thailand:
1. Packing tips: The A to Z packing list
2. Shoes: The 5 pairs of shoes to pack
3. Toiletries: Non-toxic toiletries for Thailand
4. Head to toe: What to wear anywhere
5. Our opus: Thailand packing guide
6. At night: How to dress for nights out
7. Makeup: The best makeup for Thailand
TIP! Pack some Incognito Natural Anti-Mozzie Spray – and get ready to join our obsessive fan club! This is our absolute favourite mosquito repellent for Thailand and we’re crazy about it. It’s DEET-free and totally natural, but it WORKS (we’re at a 100% success rate after a year). Cue Beatle-mania mosquito-mania.
Preparing for Thailand: The details
- Do you need it? Do you need X in Thailand?
- Honeymoon: 5 things to bring
- Your flight: How to avoid plane germs
- Useful things for Thailand: Books, bits, travel stuff, genius gadgets
- Rainy season? The best clothes to stay dry
TIP! To enjoy every minute of your trip, pack some entertainment for any or all of the following probabilities: jet-lag, a rainy day and/or a power cut. In our case it’s a stack of favourite beach books and the delightfully crude Cards Against Humanity game.
Image(s) used under license from Shutterstock.com