How to prepare for Thailand? Whether you’re travelling to Thailand for a beach vacation or a backpacking adventure (or a wedding, a business trip or an open-ended emigration), I can all but promise two things: using the advice that follows you’ll arrive with (A) the right stuff and (B) the right shoes.
How to prepare for Thailand?
On my first trip to Thailand I failed at packing – failed at packing for the climate and failed at packing for Thailand’s culture. To atone for my ‘first-time farang’ (foreigner) mistakes, I published the first draft of ‘What to Wear in Thailand’ in 2008 – and a blog was born. Ready your luggage scales, here’s how to prepare for Thailand… enjoy!
Some links below contain affiliates
Your basic prep
- The opus: Thailand packing guide
- Head to toe: What to wear anywhere
- Packing tips: The A to Z packing list
Your perfect packing how-to
- Toiletries: Non-toxic toiletries for Thailand
- Makeup: The best makeup for Thailand
- Pure magic: 100% natural mosquito repellent
- Shoes: The 5 pairs of shoes to pack
- Rainy season? The best clothes to stay dry
- At night: How to dress for nights out
Do you need ______?
- Do you need it? Do you need X in Thailand?
- Travel guides: The best Thailand travel guides
- To learn some Thai: 3 easy-ish ways to learn Thai
- Travel insurance: Travel insurance for Thailand
If you’re going to Thailand…
- On your honeymoon: 11 things to bring
- And you’re a germaphobe: How to avoid plane germs
- With children: 12 tips to enjoy your long flight
- See part two: the top 50 Thailand travel FAQS.
- Or, if you’re Koh Samui-bound, it’s all in The Koh Samui Guide.
Image(s) used under license from Shutterstock.com